HBO Max reviews are a dime a dozen. But, most of the ones that we’ve seen don’t really do this streaming service any justice in our opinion. After all, you want to know as much as possible about how to install and use HBO Max on your Android device or Firestick/ Fire TV devices.
How did HBO Max even end up getting offered on Amazon’s streaming devices? Well, Amazon and HBO reached a deal that allows HBO Max as well as other preceding apps to be available on Fire TV and Firestick devices, with the ability to update automatically.
HBO Max Review
Ever since its release, HBO Max has been marketed as a comprehensive programming platform for the entire household. It allows your whole family to enjoy the entire WarnerMedia content library as well as original series from HBO.
That’s because WarnerMedia actually owns and runs this video on demand service. It means that you’ll be able to access all of the company’s well-known titles including content from Looney Tunes, Rooster Teeth, Crunchyroll, Turner Classic Movies, DC, New Line, and Warner Bros, which aren’t available in other VOD services.
The best part is that all you need is one subscription plan to get access to thousands of different movies, films, series, and TV shows. Some of which we’re going to highlight here on this HBO Max review.
This makes it ideal for cord-cutters who are tired of lackluster cable company options and are looking for something that offers better value for money. This might be because this service is courtesy of TV execs who know what the market is in need of; accessible family TV.
- Allows you to stream content on the go
- Offers different viewer profiles
- Offline downloads available
- Offers exclusive content that is not available from other services
- Compatible with several operating systems and streaming devices
- HBO Max offers a generous 7-day free trial
- Affordable $14.99/month subscription
- You’ll have thousands of HBO originals, TV series, and movies to choose from
What Are the Packages?
Next in our HBO Max review, we’re going to look at what these subscription services have to offer in the way of subscription packages.
There’s a 7-day free trial that allows you to test out this service before you commit to the affordable $14.99 per month subscription.
This gives you access to the entire HBO Max content library and if you meet the following criterion then you shouldn’t experience any changes in your monthly subscription bill:
- A premium subscription for AT&T’s mobile and broadband package
- A subscription to the U-Verse or AT&T TV video service
- A subscription to HBO Now
On the other hand, you won’t be able to benefit from the full library of content offered by HBO Max if you have the following subscriptions:
- Your HBO subscription is based on your cable TV service provider
- Your subscription comes from a third-party provider that offers HBO NOW
It’s worth noting that with Peacock TV you’ll have access to curated content, Universal movies, and the first seasons of NBC shows for just $4.99 to $9.99 per month. The only downside is that the former option comes with ads while the latter doesn’t.
According to HBO, their monthly subscription offers the best of its program library. You’ll be able to gain exclusive access to any future specials that HBO has to offer, which won’t be available on any other streaming service.
Be sure to check out the official HBO Max website to get the latest on service, pricing, and subscription data.
How to Get HBO Max
To benefit from the HBO Max service and possibly gain access to their 7-day free trial, you’ll need to register for an account by following these simple steps:
1. Go to the HBO Max website and click on Start Your Free Trial
2. You’ll get to a page that says Create Your Account
3. Enter the required data and click Create Account
4. Input the required billing information and select Start Your Free Trial
5. You’ll have officially created an HBO Max account. Don’t forget to verify your account email address on the email you put in step three.
Our next step in this HBO Max review is to show you how to actually install this service on any of the devices that it’s compatible with.
We’ve done this in steps that are easy and simple to follow if you have a Fire TV device of any sort. You’ll learn how to install it on Android devices such as Android TV Box, MECOOL Box, NVIDIA SHIELD, etc.
How to Install HBO Max on Your Firestick
Read on as we show you how to install the HBO Max streaming service on your Fire TV or Firestick device.
1. Go to the home screen and from the search bar, input “HBO Max”. click on the first option as that’s the official version.
2. Under Apps and Games, select HBO Max.
3. Select Get.
4. Once you’ve installed the HBO Max app, open it.
5. You have now officially installed the HBO Max app straight from the Amazon App Store.
6. You’ll now have access to thousands of different types of content from HBO Max!
How to Install HBO Max on Your Android Device
Since you can install HBO Max on any Android TV device, we’re going to use the NVIDIA Shield device as an example to show the process you need to follow to install it on any Android TV device.
1. Go to the Google Play Store on your Android device.
2. Find the top right part of the screen and click on the search icon.
3. Enter HBO Max
4. Click on HBO Max
5. Select Install
6. Go back to the home screen or click Open to open the app right away
7. Select the + icon to save the app in your Favorites folder
8. Click on HBO Max
9. You’ve now officially installed the app on your Android TV device of choice
Attention: Read before you continue
Governments and ISPs across the world monitor their users online activities. If found streaming or browsing content on your Fire TV Stick, mobile or PC, you could get into serious trouble.
Currently, the following information is visible:
- Your IP:
- Your Country:
- Your City:
- Your ISP:
If this is your real information, you need to use a VPN to protect your identity.
We strongly recommend you to get a good VPN and hide your identity so that your online experience doesn’t take a bad turn.
We use IPVanish which is the fastest and most secure VPN in the industry. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon Fire TV Stick. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you don’t like their service, you can always ask for a refund. IPVanish also runs a limited time offer where you can save 62% on your VPN and they allow you to use one account on unlimited devices.
This is a flash sale that can expire at any time!
How to Fix Installation Issues
Should you run into any snags during the installation process then here are some tips to help get you through it:
1. Go to Settings and click on Applications
2. Click Manage Installed Applications
3. Select Amazon App Store
4. Click Clear Data
5. Select Clear Data one more time
6. Click Clear Cache
After completing the above steps, you should restart your device so that you can reinstall the app from scratch. That should help with the problem.
HBO Max Review Features
In the next section in our HBO Max review, we are going to highlight some of our favorite content offered on the HBO Max platform.
Keep in mind that these and other offerings are available to you for only just $14.99 per month.
We’re talking kids shows, TV series, movies, and original HBO programs that are available exclusively to you.
Here are some of the features that you can expect to enjoy courtesy of your HBO Max subscription:
- Curated movies and series.
- WarnerMedia content that includes Warner Brothers Home Television, Cartoon Network, Turner Classic Movies, The CW, truTV, TBS, TNT, CNN, Looney Tunes, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Turner, Rooster Teeth, DC, New Line Cinema, Warner Brothers Home Entertainment, and Warner Brothers Home Television.
- HBO Max Original exclusive content.
- HBO services.
What Content Does It Offer?
Some of the programs offered by HBO originals include such hit shows as Westworld, Euphoria, Barry and Watchmen, as well as cult favorites like Entourage, the West Wing, and Game of Thrones.
This is in addition to HBO Max shows such as:
- I Know This Much Is true starring Mark Ruffalo and based on a novel of the same name.
- The Plot Against America – miniseries about WWII starring Winona Ryder.
- The Undoing, a psychological thriller starring Hugh Grant and Nicole Kidman.
- Avenue 5, courtesy of Veep creator Armando Iannucci, this is a sci-fi series.
- The Gilded Age, courtesy of Downton Abbey creator, this drama shows us what 1885 New York was like.
- The Nevers, starring Laura Donnelly, this is a sci-fi series.
- Lovecraft Country, critically acclaimed Jordan Peele horror series.
- The Outsider by Stephen King, directed by Jason Bateman. This is a dark mystery mini-series.
Well, that’s the end of our HBO Max review. We hope that it has provided you with all the information that you need about this service.
If you have experience with HBO Max, comment down below and let us know how you like it so far.