The following guide is designed to help you install VPN on NVIDIA SHIELD following an easy to understand step-by-step method. In fact, it shouldn’t take you more than a minute to complete the installation and we’ll be using IPVanish as our preferred VPN for this process because it includes a convenient remote control interface and super-fast download speeds.
Not only that, but IPVanish has developed a dedicated Android TV app that’s designed to provide the user with an optimal NVIDIA SHIELD experience.
NVIDIA SHIELD is often touted as the best and most popular Android TV Box available because of the wide range of features it comes with. When paired with IPVanish, NVIDIA SHIELD downloads and streams content at lightning speeds.
This is the opposite of what happens with most VPNs which tend to slow down loading speeds when installed on a device. But the NVIDIA SHIELD is so powerful that there’s never any interference with its speed unless you’re using a really crappy VPN.
In fact, free VPNs are notorious for slowing down streaming speeds, especially when you’re playing HD movies and shows. Plus, free VPNs cannot be trusted in terms of safety and privacy which is what IPVanish specializes in.
You see, IPVanish has their own servers and they don’t keep traffic logs of your browsing history, which means you will always have fast performance and ultimate privacy.
Attention: Read before you continue
Governments and ISPs across the world monitor their users online activities. If found streaming or browsing content on your Fire TV Stick, mobile or PC, you could get into serious trouble. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. We strongly recommend you to get a good VPN and hide your identity so that your online experience doesn’t take a bad turn.
We use IPVanish which is the fastest and most secure VPN in the industry. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon Fire TV Stick. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you don’t like their service, you can always ask for a refund. IPVanish also runs a limited time offer where you can save 57% on your VPN and they allow you to use one account on unlimited devices. This is a flash sale that can expire at any time.
A Step-by-Step Guide on How to Install VPN on NVIDIA SHIELD
- Start by registering for an IPVanish account.
- Go to your NVIDIA SHIELD device and open the Google Play Store.
- Select the search icon and type in “ipvanish” before you press on the search button.
- Click “IPVanish VPN.”
- Select “Install.”
- Enter your unique username and password and click “Next.”
- Select the “Connect” button.
- You are now under the protection of IPVanish! Select the “Home” button to get back to the home screen of your NVIDIA SHIELD.
Using your NVIDIA SHIELD in conjunction with a high-quality VPN like IPVanish will give you a peace of mind knowing that your connection is secure. Once you install VPN on NVIDIA SHIELD, your connection will remain completely encrypted which means not even your government or your ISP will be able to see what you’re doing online.
According to a test we did, NVIDIA SHIELD works best when used in conjunction with IPVanish over all other VPNs.
You’ll be glad to know that IPVanish won’t keep any record of your streaming activity or browsing logs. Plus, it’s compatible with a wide array of devices from Fire TV stick and Window Phone to Android, Mac, Windows, iOS and even Chromebook devices.
With just one IPVanish account, you can connect up to 10 devices and use them at the same time to protect your connection. We should also add here that IPVanish is so confident in its service that they offer a 7-day money back guarantee.
It’s possible that some of you won’t see the settings we’ve outlined above on your IPVanish app. This simply means that you have to update it to the most recent version which you can do by uninstalling your current app.
To do this, go to the NVIDIA SHIELD Settings tab, click on Apps, then IPVanish and select Uninstall. Wait for a few moments before you reinstall the app.
All of the settings are easy to access from the top-right corner.
Once you install the IPVanish VPN on NVIDIA SHIELD, it will automatically launch when you power up the device.
Some of the most important settings to look out for include:
- The Auto-Reconnect function will re-connect your VPN automatically for you if it accidentally gets disconnected. That’s why you must always keep it on.
- Keep LAN access turned on to re-route local traffic and use the same stealthy network to connect to NVIDIA SHIELD using apps like Plex Media Server.
- The Split Tunneling feature is useful when it comes to selecting apps that you want to connect to without the interface of a VPN. This will come in handy when you need to access Netflix, for example.
- Select the three vertical dots located on the top-right corner of the page to display system apps like Google which you may want to use under the Split Tunneling feature.
Let us know in the comment section down below if you have any problem with installing IPVanish VPN on your NVIDIA SHIELD. We would be happy to help!