I’ve also included a few bonus steps towards the end of the guide on how to unpair any remotes that you currently have, just in case you have to. This is in addition to the steps required to synchronize a TV control with your Firestick remote.
If you have an unpaired Firestick remote or need to repair a replacement remote then it’s quite easy to do that. In most cases, it’s pretty easy to pair a remote with a Firestick device. You can do this either manually or it’ll happen automatically.
How to Pair Firestick Remote
If you’re reading this, then you want to learn how to pair Firestick remote with your device. In the following section, we’re going to share how to achieve this depending on your unique device.
1. Follow the Firestick Setup
The first thing you need to do when setting up a new Amazon Firestick device is to pair it with your Firestick remote. This makes it easier for you to manage the setup process and get the device up and running according to your preferred settings.
Press the Play/Pause button. It shouldn’t be hard to find this button on the remote. It’s that simple.
2. Pair the New Remote
If the remote that came with your device gets damaged for some reason and actually stops working then you’ll probably replace it.
Likewise, you’ll need to pair this new remote with your device before you can even start using it. To do this, follow this process:
- Remove the Fire Stick plug from the wall socket
- Place new batteries into the new remote
- Switch on your Fire TV Stick and give it a few seconds to show the home screen
- It’s not uncommon for a new remote to automatically pair itself once the reboot starts. Check if this happens to your device by checking the remote.
- If you notice that the automatic pairing didn’t happen, then you should long-press the Firestick remote control’s HOME button for about 10 to 20 seconds.
- You might notice a pop-up notification on your TV letting you know that the pairing was successful. If you don’t see this notification, then you should go ahead and use the remote to see if it’s working properly.
This simple process is all you need to follow in order to pair a remote whether it’s new or a replacement one.
3. Pair a Second Firestick Remote
Follow these steps to pair one or two remote controllers with your Firestick device:
- Visit the Fire Stick device home screen
- Go to Menu and click on Settings option which should be located on the top of the page
- In the next screen select Controller and Bluetooth Devices
- In the next window, Select Amazon Fire TV Remotes
- Select Add New Remote option
- Your Fire TV Stick should automatically start searching for a new remote controller
- Long press the Home button for 10 seconds on the remote that you’re trying to add
- As soon as the device has spotted the new remote controller, click on SELECT to choose the OLD remote. This enables you to confirm the new remote pairing
- Take the new remote for a test drive to see if it’s working as it should
Attention: Read before you continue
Governments and ISPs across the world monitor their users online activities. If found streaming or browsing content on your Fire TV Stick, mobile or PC, you could get into serious trouble.
Currently, the following information is visible:
- Your IP:
- Your Country:
- Your City:
- Your ISP:
If this is your real information, you need to use a VPN to protect your identity.
We strongly recommend you to get a good VPN and hide your identity so that your online experience doesn’t take a bad turn.
We use IPVanish which is the fastest and most secure VPN in the industry. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon Fire TV Stick. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you don’t like their service, you can always ask for a refund. IPVanish also runs a limited time offer where you can save 76% on your VPN and they allow you to use one account on unlimited devices.
This is a flash sale that can expire at any time!
How to Unpair Firestick Remote
If you want to utilize your current remote controller with yet another Firestick device then you must first unpair it from the current device that it’s paired with.
To do this, you’ll need to consider the following two possibilities:
You only have one remote controller to use with the current device.
You have two remote controllers to use with your current device.
We’re going to provide you with simple processes on how to unpair a remote in both instances.
1. Using Just One Remote
If both Firestick devices are in close proximity to the remote, then you should start by unplugging the device that the remote is already paired with otherwise you won’t be able to unpair your remote from it.
Follow the steps provided in the pairing methods provided to execute the pairing process with the new remote.
2. Using Two Remotes
If you’re currently using one Fire TV device with two remotes and want to unpair one of them, then simply follow these steps:
- From the Firestick’s home page visit Settings
- Click on Controller and Bluetooth Devices
- Select Amazon Fire TV Remotes
- Click on the Firestick remote that you want to unpair
- Using your second remote, click on the 3-line menu key.
- Click Select on the second remote
That’s how to pair Firestick remote when you have two remote controllers. Now you’re free to use the unpaired remote with any Fire TV and Fire Stick device.
Pairing Firestick Remote with TV Controls
The new Fire TV and Firestick remote feature standard TV controls including:
- The Power ON/OFF button
- The Volume Up/Down button
- The Mute button
These buttons are designed to synchronize with your TV not to control your Firestick.
You can automatically pair the TV button with your TV or manually if need be.
If you’re struggling to operate the TV button, follow these steps:
1. Go to the home screen and click on Fire Stick Settings
2. Select Equipment Control
3. Go to the next screen and select Manage Equipment
4. Select TV on the new window
5. Click on Change TV
6. Give it a few moments
7. If the device has managed to accurately detect your TV set, select Yes. If not, click NO.
8. In case you clicked NO then you’ll need to select your TV brand and follow the provided instructions.
Learning how to pair Firestick remote is a simple and straightforward process. Anyone can do it. Most of the time, all you have to do is press a single button and other times the process happens automatically.
Luckily, we’ve provided you with instructions for different options that you can follow to pair your remote with any Fire Stick and TV.
Did you find our guide on how to pair Firestick remote helpful? Let us know in the comments area below!