As a user of this software, you can:
- Create public shares that are accessed by non-Nextcloud users
- Share files on other Nextcloud servers than your own, which can be accessed by other users
- Share files with Nextcloud users on the same server as you
For instance, you can:
- Enable other users to create and share files publicly
- Enables users to share files
- Create password-enabled public shares
- Enable public upload shares
- Enable re-sharing
- Create exclusionary measures to keep out certain groups
- Ask for the addition of an expiration date for public share links
- Limit sharing to particular group members
- Enable new public share email notifications
Attention: Read before you continue
Governments and ISPs across the world monitor their users online activities. If found streaming or browsing content on your Fire TV Stick, mobile or PC, you could get into serious trouble.
Currently, the following information is visible:
- Your IP:
- Your Country:
- Your City:
- Your ISP:
If this is your real information, you need to use a VPN to protect your identity.
We strongly recommend you to get a good VPN and hide your identity so that your online experience doesn’t take a bad turn.
We use IPVanish which is the fastest and most secure VPN in the industry. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon Fire TV Stick. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you don’t like their service, you can always ask for a refund. IPVanish also runs a limited time offer where you can save 74% on your VPN and they allow you to use one account on unlimited devices.
This is a flash sale that can expire at any time!
- Click on “allow apps” in order to enable user sharing from the Share API. Without checking this option, no one can ever create file shares.
- Select “allow users” to enable public sharing through a link for non-Nextcloud users.
- Click on “enforce password protection.” This will force anyone who wants to create or share a public link to create a password. This doesn’t apply to group shares or local users of course.
- Next, click on “allow public uploads” to enable public share file uploads.
- Click on “allow users to send email notifications” so people can use Nextcloud to share files through email notification.
- Select “set default expiration date.” This’ll help you determine an expiration date for public shares.
- Click on “allow re-sharing” so that users can send the files shared with them.
- Select on “Restrict users” in order to limit sharing to particular group members.
- Click on “allow users to send mail notifications” this time to enable file sharing via email notification to any and all Nextcloud users who’ve received the shared file.
- Select on “exclude groups” in order to restrict file sharing to particular groups. Once you check this option, you’ll see a dropdown list of different groups. Members from excluded groups can receive but not share files.
- Click on “allow username auto completion” so that users can enable username auto-completion on Nextcloud.
How to Transfer Files to Other Users
It’s possible to use occ to share files between users. You may also use the same feature to delete a user if you like.
But, you must first transfer the files before you remove the users. When you do that, you only transfer the core data of the file with the exclusion of comments, tags, shares and all other metadata, including the Trashbin contents.
Persistent File Shares
Removing a user automatically deletes their files. This includes valuable files that you maybe wanted to use and this can be a problem. Unfortunately, this is part of Nextcloud’s user functionality, which ties files to the users they came from.
The good news is there is a solution to this which allows you to get around the problem. You’d have to generate persistent shares for each user.
This allows you to maintain ownership of their files even after they’ve been removed from your group. Nextcloud also allows you to enable permanent file shares by creating a special shared folder which you can then share with select groups and/or users.
To ensure the files stay intact, create user permissions so that no can take files with them when they leave the group. It’s worth noting that whoever shared the file remains its owner regardless of who edits or shares it afterward.
What About Video Verification?
Now that you know how to share files with Nextcloud, it’s time to ensure absolute safety and privacy in situations that warrant it.
For this purpose, Nextcloud has created Video Verification which is the first of its kind in the industry. It means that users are required to provide identity verification before gaining access to files.
How does Nextcloud’s Video Verification work? Users are required to go through a talk video call before they can access a particular share. This enables thorough user verification and it’s convenient as well because the call can be taken through the Nextcloud web interface and Talk mobile apps.
Let us know in the comments if you have any question please. We would love to help you out.