If you use your Firestick or Android TV and decide to just only use Kodi, then you don’t need the home screen at all. In this case it’s better if you get access to Kodi immediately after you turn on your Firestick or Android TV.
You can use the Launch on Boot app to make an app startup run on Firestick. By using this app, you will be able to choose an app to launch directly when you start or wake your Firestick. Launch on Boot is very easy to use and it works perfectly.
Attention: Read before you continue
Governments and ISPs across the world monitor their users online activities. If found streaming or browsing content on your Fire TV Stick, mobile or PC, you could get into serious trouble. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. We strongly recommend you to get a good VPN and hide your identity so that your online experience doesn’t take a bad turn.
We use IPVanish which is the fastest and most secure VPN in the industry. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon Fire TV Stick. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you don’t like their service, you can always ask for a refund. IPVanish also runs a limited time offer where you can save 57% on your VPN and they allow you to use one account on unlimited devices. This is a flash sale that can expire at any time.
How to Download Launch on Boot from FileLinked:
Follow these easy steps to install ‘Launch On Boot”:
1. Launch FileLinked on your Firestick or Fire TV and enter 11111111 (eight ones) to access WebSafetyTips Store.
2. Click the “Launch on Boot” app and patiently wait for it to download.
3. Go for Install option.
4. Choose Open to launch the app right away.
How to use Launch On Boot:
When Launch on Boot opens, a short tutorial appears. It’s your decision to take a look or just skip it and go to the last page.
1. Slide the first toggle to enable the app startup run on Firestick.
The second toggle will auto-start the Live Channels apps, but in this guide we will use the first and the last toggle. Feel free to use the second toggle if you are interested.
2. If you prefer the app to launch when you Fire TV Stick wakes up, enable the last toggle to do that for you.
4. You will see under the SELECT APP Box, a short preview of what app you chose (org.xbmx.kodi in this case).
5. Go and test “Launch on Boot” by clicking TEST.
6. Restart your Firestick or Fire TV. Go at Settings > My Fire TV > Restart.
Want to access back your Firestick Launch as it was before you installed Launch on Boot app? Just press the Home button on your remote and your Home screen will be back in it’s default mode.