Since Nord VPN is hacked, in this article we’ll be providing information on the best alternatives to it. This way you will remain safe and anonymous online. So… as many people know, Nord VPN was recently hacked, leaving its huge userbase to look for another more secure service when browsing online.
But before we go into more detail, we should probably break down what exactly a VPN is. A VPN is a Virtual Private Network, and it’s a way of remaining anonymous and untraceable online. The best VPN will hide both your location and personal details, as well as your browsing and download activity.
This means that any illegally viewed content can’t be linked back to you. With a VPN, you can have a complete risk-free browsing experience. Nord VPN was one of the most well-known providers of this kind of service.
Nord VPN Hacked
Many tech and online media platforms announced that Nord was hacked by an individual or group that is still unknown.
Experts claim that this was due to an exposed private key. This key allowed these hackers to impersonate Nord VPN, and therefore deceive its users. In order to keep their users in the knowhow, Nord themselves reluctantly announced that the attack had happened.
But users are frustrated with the company due to how long it took Nord to announced this. Their official response to the incident can be found online.
Attention: Read before you continue
Governments and ISPs across the world monitor their users online activities. If found streaming or browsing content on your Fire TV Stick, mobile or PC, you could get into serious trouble.
Currently, the following information is visible:
- Your IP:
- Your Country:
- Your City:
- Your ISP:
If this is your real information, you need to use a VPN to protect your identity.
We strongly recommend you to get a good VPN and hide your identity so that your online experience doesn’t take a bad turn.
We use IPVanish which is the fastest and most secure VPN in the industry. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon Fire TV Stick. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you don’t like their service, you can always ask for a refund. IPVanish also runs a limited time offer where you can save 74% on your VPN and they allow you to use one account on unlimited devices.
This is a flash sale that can expire at any time!
What Should Users Know?
Nord VPN claimed that only one of their servers was affected by this incident, and that, despite this, their users’ data wasn’t exposed.
Here is a breakdown of the breach itself, outlining exactly what this means to users following why Nord VPN is hacked:
- In March 2018, when it took place, only one server – based in Finland – was affected. This means it was a single-server hack, rather than a hack/intrusion of their entire online service.
- The lack of security that allowed the breath was down to a lack of communication between a third-party datacenter. When the intrusion was discovered, the correct steps were never taken, and Nord VPN wasn’t notified. After Nord VPN got hacked, they then began a thorough search into the issue, to see the extent of the incident, and resolve any issues.
- No user information or credentials had been affected, and there’s no indication that the hacker(s) attempted to access users’ information at all.
- Although the culprit(s) managed to get hold of TLS keys, these pose as no real threat, as they can only be used against one single user only in extreme and specific circumstances. But cannot be used to access to information or usage of Nord’s traffic.
- As well as Nord, a few other VPN providers were also attacked by the same hacker(s), meaning that it wasn’t an attack specifically and solely against Nord VPN.
- Since then, Nord has taken serious steps to encrypt any valuable or personal data of its users, to prevent the possibility of anything close to this happening again. “The security of our customers is the highest priority to us and we will continue to raise our standards further and further.”, they say.
What is the Best Nord VPN Alternative?
It goes without saying that this has left many users unsure as to whether they would like to continue using Nord VPN as their chosen VPN provider.
As an alternative, we would recommend IPVanish. There are various reasons for this, but the main ones are down to IPVanish’s strict security protocols.
It has a ‘zero traffic log policy’, meaning that users’ data or activity is never monitored or observed. Besides, it also prevents throttling, meaning can enjoy true, fast Internet speeds at all times. This makes both streaming and downloading content a lot more convenient and enjoyable.
Not only is IPVanish extremely safe and extremely fast, but there are also a few more fantastic features is has to offer.
These are listed below:
- User-friendly application
- Over 40,000 shared IP addresses
- Active in over 60 countries worldwide
- No limit to bandwidth for super-fast speeds
- 256-bit AES encryption
- Can connect to up to 10 devices simultaneously
- 24/7 non-stop user support
- 1-week money-back guarantee if not satisfied
Let us know in the comments section what VPN you use now that Nord VPN is hacked!