The main goal of Amazon TV’s default launcher is to provide users with up to date offerings from Amazon, which makes sense seeing that this is their device after all. But, most people use this device for more than just accessing Amazon-related content. In fact, a majority of users use their Amazon Firestick and Fire TV Stick devices to stream content from a wide variety of services. If you live in a geo-restricted zone that limits the content you can access from your device, you’ll do well to get yourself a VPN like IPVanish.
Attention: Read before you continue
Governments and ISPs across the world monitor their users online activities. If found streaming or browsing content on your Fire TV Stick, mobile or PC, you could get into serious trouble.
Currently, the following information is visible:
- Your IP:
- Your Country:
- Your City:
- Your ISP:
If this is your real information, you need to use a VPN to protect your identity.
We strongly recommend you to get a good VPN and hide your identity so that your online experience doesn’t take a bad turn.
We use IPVanish which is the fastest and most secure VPN in the industry. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon Fire TV Stick. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you don’t like their service, you can always ask for a refund. IPVanish also runs a limited time offer where you can save 62% on your VPN and they allow you to use one account on unlimited devices.
This is a flash sale that can expire at any time!
We recommend IPVanish because it offers thousands of servers to choose from across 60 countries. So, it doesn’t matter where you live, you’ll be able to access content from anywhere in the world without being seen by the authorities or your ISP.
It’s also worth noting that Amazon’s default launcher is a headache to work with not only operationally but aesthetically as well.
Luckily, you can install another, way better launcher. We recommend Leanback Launcher and we’re going to show you how to safely install Leanback Launcher in your Amazon Fire TV Stick or Firestick device and what is Leanback Launcher.
How to Replace the Amazon Fire TV Launcher
Keep in mind that the following installation tutorial is based on the assumption that you have installed the FileLinked app like we did, to access the WebSafetyTips FileLinked App Store. You’ll have to install the FileLinked App, which is quite easy and straightforward.
Once installed, click on the FileLinked App
Type in the following code: 11111111 to go directly to our FileLinked App Store.
Wait for the screen to finish loading before moving to the bottom of the screen to find the option that says, “Leanback Launcher for Fire TV”.
- To install Leanback Launcher APK on Amazon Fire TV, select the download icon located on the right-hand side of this launcher.
- The app will automatically start downloading.
- Once it’s done, you’ll notice an installation icon that looks similar to a “Play” button. Select that button to kick-start the installation process.
- The installation screen will pop-up. Move the cursor down to the bottom of the screen and click on INSTALL.
- Click on the DONE button, then the installer will take you back to the WebSafetyTips app list.
Install OnBoot App Starter and Launcher Hijack
To install OnBoot App Starter and Launcher Hijack, simply follow the same steps outlined.
- Go to the App Vault and empty the trash folder.
- Click on the back button and select YES if the device asks if you want to exit.
- Select the back button again and completely exit the Jailbreak App Vault.
Once you’ve installed the required apps, you’ll have to configure them properly. Ideally, the launcher should start on boot and appear as soon as you press the home button.
You’re now on the second phase to install Leanback Launcher on Amazon Fire TV.
- Start by opening the Launcher Hijack app and hold press the home button of your remote control.
- Click on Apps.
- Scroll down the list of apps until you find the Launcher Hijack icon and click on it. From here, you should see a list of all the replacement launchers available on your Fire TV Stick device.
- Select the launcher you’d like to pick and the device will ask you if you’d like to make it your default launcher. Click YES. The device will automatically take you to the main Launcher Hijack screen. If you want to exit the Launcher Hijack app, simply long press the back button.
- Then, scroll to the OnBoot App Starter and select it. You’ll see the OnBoot App home screen.
- Choose an app you’d like to see on the home screen when the launcher boots up.
- Go to your remote control and select the OK button. You should see the app list from here. Scroll down until you come to the Leanback on Fire option and click on it.
- Get your remote control and hold press the home button. The Leanback Launcher for Fire TV icon will pop up automatically.
- To customize your home screen further, scroll to the bottom of the screen and select the Launcher Settings icon.
- Select “Organize apps and games” option to change the way your apps are organized on the device.
- Click on the customize order.
- Scroll down again and click on Enabled Favorites Row. This allows you to determine the number of rows to be featured in the favorites section.
- Take your remote control and press on the home button. This will take you to the Leanback Launcher home screen. The home screen should display all of your favorite apps, games etc. To organize them better, hold-press the icon of the app you want to customize. The icon will widen in appearance which means it’s ready for you to move it into place.
- Drop it to your preferred location on the home screen, scroll down and click on DONE. You can also organize and uninstall the apps in the Apps row to suit your preferences as well. All you have to do is go to the home screen of your device, hold press on the app icon you’d like to change, grab it and choose from the provided options. You can either uninstall it, move it to the trash can or to another part of the home screen.
You’re all set. That’s how you install Leanback Launcher on Amazon Fire TV. This launcher is now available for you to operate from the remote as well as your Fire TV device’s default launcher. Although it’s not perfect, this launcher is one of the best options available out there, and it definitely works better than the Amazon TV native launcher.
Just keep in mind that the best way to protect your data and your identity when streaming content online is to install a VPN. We recommend IPVanish because this service comes with thousands of servers from over 60 countries, which means you’ll never have to worry about geo-blocking, data throttling or surveillance from your government or ISP ever again.
Was this article helpful to you? Let us know in the comments section below if we’ve helped you learn how to install Leanback Launcher on Amazon Fire TV.